It took an entire cast of characters to make Gilligan’s Island a hit: Skipper, Mary Ann, the Professor and, of course, Gilligan. But one character in particular stands out. That’s Ginger.
If the cast of characters on Gilligan’s Island were holiday cookies, which cookies would they be? Obviously, Ginger would be the Triple Ginger Cookie I am about to share. Here are my recommendations for the others based on a few of my other favorite cookie recipes:
- Skipper as Peanut Butter Cookie – Full of fat, but oh so irresistible
- Mary Ann as Vanilla Sugar Cookie – Plain, sweet and classic
- The Professor as Oatmeal Raisin Cookie – Smart and healthy
- Millionaire Howell as Double Chocolate Chip – Super rich
- Lovey, the Millionaire’s wife, as Crinkle Cookie – Wrinkly
- Did you know the actress who played Lovey had a clause in her contract that forbid close up shots? Supposedly, per Wikipedia, this was because she was old and didn’t want her wrinkles to show.
- Gilligan as Grandma’s Monster Cookie – Fail-proof
- It’s got everything in it, and you can’t mess it up. Just like Gilligan, no matter how many mistakes you make, everything will turn out OK.
If I was stranded on a deserted island and could only have one type of cookie for the rest of my life (assuming there was an oven on the island), it would be this Triple Ginger Cookie.
About the recipe
I found this recipe for Triple Ginger Cookies on Allrecipes. Since finding it, I have not made another ginger cookie recipe. This is the only one for me.
Let cool on a wire rack for a couple of minutes before enjoying.
Did you watch Gilligan’s Island? Who was your favorite character?