Blueberry Orange Oatmeal Muffins
Speaking of a bright day, today is supposed to be sunny and in the mid-80s. It’s hard to believe only six months ago I was shoveling snow, taking down the Christmas tree and making New Year resolutions. Now I am sitting in the kitchen with the windows open, eating blueberry muffins and still working on those resolutions.
Most people start the year with sensible resolutions, like joining a diet or exercise program. My New Year resolution wasn’t to eat less. It was to bake more. I started this blog and created a list of new baking endeavors I wanted to try this year. So far, I have made crackers, egg tarts, angel food cake, something with rhubarb and finally figured out how to make a decent chocolate chip cookie.
However, I still haven’t conquered making croissants, soufflé or potica. I also have yet to make a perfect muffin with the perfect muffin top. I’ve tried numerous times, but my muffins always end up flat on top. I gave it another try with these blueberry orange oatmeal muffins. While I didn’t have any luck with creating puffy muffin tops, these muffins were so tasty I hardly gave the tops a second thought.
The Moral of the Story
Looks aren’t everything, especially with a baked good. It’s how it tastes that counts.
About the Recipe
The recipe for these muffins is from my favorite recipe website, Allrecipes.
The Cast of Characters
Recipe: Blueberry Orange Oatmeal Muffins
Summary: A blueberry muffin packed with oatmeal, flavored with orange juice and topped with a brown sugar and nut streusel
Ingredients & Instructions
See the complete recipe for Blueberry Orange Muffins on Allrecipes.
- Filling the muffin tins: Try filling the muffin tins two-thirds or three-fourths full. I only filled mine half full, and I wonder if that is why my muffin tops didn’t puff.
- Adding more blueberries: Don’t add more blueberries than called for in the recipe. I added an extra handful of blueberries to the batter, and I ended up with blueberries falling out of my muffins.
Baking time (duration): 15 minutes
Number of servings (yield): 12 muffins
Note: I scaled the recipe in half.
Meal type: breakfast
My rating: 5 stars: ★★★★★ 1 review(s)
Here are a few other blueberry muffin recipes I thought looked good too:
- Orange Blueberry Muffins by Baking Bites: In this post, Baking Bites pairs blueberry and orange together too, along with great muffin-making tips. I always find valuable baking tips and advice on Baking Bites.
- Triple Coconut Blueberry Muffins by Muffin Tin Mania: This recipe uses coconut three ways — with flakes, milk and oil! I also love how this blog focuses on finding fun and new ways to cook with muffin tins.
- Cornmeal Blueberry Muffins by Pinch of Yum: These muffins have lemon flavor, brown sugar streusel and powder sugar icing! I also am envious of the beautiful tops on these muffins!